Wednesday, October 20, 2010

All grown up!

Wow, I'm feeling just a little overwhelmed right now in my life. I remember back many years ago when I bought my first new car, and that was a HUGE commitment. I remember thinking "I'm taking on some serious responsibility here." I now realize, that was NOTHING. I mean car vs. house. That's like San Jose vs. Boise State in football. Talk about your no-brainer. 
When I first started the whole house shopping thing I remember thinking, okay, I feel good about this, it's time to move on. And all of a sudden the time is here and the only thing on my mind is "Oh my goodness, what have I done now." This phrase as come up a multitude of times throughout my life. Such as when I moved to Hawaii for college, transferred to school in Utah, started nursing school, woke up in the MTC on a mission, later woke up in Ecuador on same mission, just outside the OR prior to surgery, in the LSAT testing room etc. And all of these things have ended up, to my knowledge anyway, being good things, or at least beneficial in some way to my life. I have regretted none of them. This is a similar situation. I am filled with emotion; excitement, nervousness, and a little scared. Okay the truth is I'm terrified, but this too shall pass. I just can't help getting the feeling it's now time to grow up. All though just like Peter Pan I would rather not. I'm sure in a few years something else will come along that makes buying a house comparative to San Jose in the above matchup. 
Then maybe I'll decide to grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment