Not to long ago I was getting ready for a date, trying to decide what to wear. At first I pulled out a nice button down shirt (the only one I own) and a pair of slacks (that I have worn maybe twice this entire year). After looking at them for a minute, I threw them aside, pulled out my camo-print cargo capris and a T-shirt. Which I adorned simply with a pair of flip-flops. After careful consideration, that became my outfit of choice to wear. Now I will admit that I am far from the latest fashionista. I definitely care more about comfort then style, but I don't feel I'm completely lacking in judgement either. My final choice was determined by my desire to simply "be myself". I figure if a guy is going to like me, I want him to like the me he will see everyday, not the person I pretend to be so that I can get a second date. I had a friend tell me however that I was wrong, if I "pretend" to be someone else, apparently that person is me too. Because obviously it's always you, you don't become a different person just because you look and act different. Now, I agree with that which leads me to my point. Most people in this world must have multiple personalities. Since they are one person at work, someone else at home, entirely different at church, they go out clubbing as their alter-ego. It's really hard to keep it all straight...sometimes I wonder if even they can. So why can't people just figure out what they like, who they want to be, and be that person. People will either like you or not, but at least you will like you and the rest isn't your concern. And if you don't like yourself maybe you should do something about it. But that's an entirely different can of worms.
No comments:
Post a Comment